BEFORE AND DURING THE SLAUGTHERING
Hygiene and cleanliness are strongly emphasized in Islam and it includes every aspect of personal hygiene, dress, equipment and premise where food is processed or prepared.
The objective is to ensure that the food produced is absolutely clean and not harmful to human health and free from any filth, dirt, materials prohibited by Islam and not clean according to Islamic Law.
- Our inspectors make sure that all machinery and utensils are cleaned and disinfected.
- They make sure that the workers are healthy and they must wear clean protective clothing to prevent food from dirt and possible contaminants.
- The equipment is clean and washed frequently to ensure cleanliness.
The aforementioned animals excluding fish and locusts will only be considered Halal when they are slaughtered according to the following guidelines:
- The slaughter man must be a Muslim
- Prior to slaughter, the slaughter man must invoke the name of Allah upon the animal to be slaughtered by reciting “Bismillahi Allahu Akbar” or at the very least recite “Bismillah”
- He must immediately slaughter the animal after the recital without any significant delay
- His knife must be extremely sharp in order that the slaughter may be conducted efficiently and easily and the animal suffers minimal agony
- He must sever the following arteries:
- Trachea (windpipe), Oesophagus (gullet), both Jugular Veins
- If it is not possible for the slaughter man to cut all four arteries due to whatever reason then he must sever at least three in order to render the meat Halal.
- He must conduct the slaughter manually (i.e. by hand) and swiftly. The knife must not be lifted before the cut is complete and the cut must be below the Adam’s apple
During the production, only the meat issued from our slaughtering is accepted. The animals must be alive and healthy before it is slaughtered, and all the blood must be drained from the body. The incision is made swift, deep with a sharp knife on the neck that cuts the jugular vein.
Even if the partners are well selected, our inspectors keep always the “EYES- OPEN” and no mistake is tolerated in our mission. We do our job with faith and we love what we do!
The final product is sealed with EHT sticker and taped to be stored in halal secured warehouse.
We assist our clients in finding the best producers for their products. In many cases, we are involved in the preparation of new projects and we search for the best partners to our clients, starting from the design of the packaging until the production of the high quality product.
We understand the spiritual importance that Muslim consumers have in terms of halal food, we have our inspectors in each slaughterhouse and company with whom we cooperate, to insure about the traceability of the meat. The final product is sealed with an EHT unique sticker.
To find out more about our work and values, please contact us today.